So, as you may have realized, Becky and I both have books & coffee in our blog names, so it’s only fitting that our meme/tag for this week is centered around such! This tag was originally posted here, so here is my spin on it. Be sure to check out Becky’s, too!
- Black: Name a series that’s tough to get into, but has hardcore fans.
A Court of Thorns and Roses. I have tried to start this so many times, but can’t focus when I do, but people RAVE about it! I do hope to someday buck up and finish it.
2. Peppermint Mocha: Name a book that gets more popular during the winter or a festive time of year.
Fangirl. I feel like come fall I see so many bookish candles with the delightful scent of Levi’s pumpkin mocha brev. I do own the candle and associate this book with fall because of it as well as the whole going off to college feel and the cold weather that gets worse as the book goes on.
3. Hot Chocolate: What is your favorite children’s book?
Love by Matt de La Pena. It’s so cute and I adore reading it to my daughter.
4. Double Shot of Espresso: Name a book that kept you on the edge of your seat from start to finish.
Illuminae. Holy cannoli. Once I got into this and devoted time to it, I cruised through it. My heart was actually racing during the last couple hundred pages.
5. Starbucks: Name a book you see everywhere.
The Hate U Give. Rightfully so; it should be everywhere. It’s great, but it’s got to be the most talked about book in a long, long time.
6. That Hipster Coffee Shop: Give a book by an indie author a shoutout.
The Single Guy by Jennifer VanHekken. This is written by someone in my hometown who I actually know through coaching. It’s like The Bachelor but in book form, and I really, really enjoyed it.
7. Oops! I Accidentally Got Decaf: Name a book you were expecting more from.
The Unexpected Everything. Don’t get me wrong, this book was cute, but I wasn’t blown away by my first Morgan Matson book.
8. The Perfect Blend: Name a book or series that was both bitter and sweet, but ultimately satisfying.
I’ll Give You the Sun. I need this author to write more books. This one gives you all of the emotions and is so beautifully written. It’s one of my favorite YA books of all time.
That’s all for this week!